Information collected and its use. We collect personal information from you in order that our services can be offered as effectively as possible. In particular, we may hold information for the following purposes:
- where information is submitted by you in relation to an enquiry about our services, for the purpose of responding to your enquiry. If you subsequently instruct us to act for you, the information will be held in accordance with our data protection procedures for clients. If you do not subsequently instruct us to act for you we may retain your details for the purpose of contacting you in future about our services, seminars or bulletins, unless you request us not to do so by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- generally, for any purpose for which you give us express or implied consent to use the information, or for any other purpose permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Security. We use a number of technologies and operational procedures to protect data submitted to us. Security of data on our equipment is provided by a combination of firewalls, website authentication services and data encryption.
Disclosures. Unless required to do so by law, we will not pass your information to any third party other than a data processor acting on our instructions pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 or to other organisations with whom we provide joint training or seminars. Please inform us on email@example.com if you do not want us to do this.
You have control. If at any stage you would like to remove, check or amend the information held by us about you please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transmission of data. Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access we cannot guarantee that the information will be secure during transmission by you to this website.
The legal basis on which any personal information that the Company collects from you, or that you provide to it, will be processed is as follows. This information may be collected during meetings, by completing a contact form on the Company website, in correspondence or in telephone conversations.
a) Personal information may be processed by the Company for a number of legitimate purposes, including:
- To carry out its obligations under this agreement.
- To provide you with information, products and/or services which the Company believes may be of interest to you, provided that you have given your consent.
- For accounting purposes and statistical analysis.
b) The Company will maintain client files for a period of 6 years after your death, or for a period of 6 years after you have notified us in writing that your document(s) have been revoked, whichever event occurs first.
c) The Company may disclose your personal information to its partner firms and/or sub-contractors who it relies on to be able to provide its services to you, but in doing so it will ensure that they apply the same or greater controls in terms of data protection as the Company does.
d) The Company may also disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets..
- To prevent fraud or if required to do so by law.
e) Other than as provided in sections (a) to (d) above, the Company will not disclose any personal information to anyone outside of the Company without your specific permission.
f) Whenever the Company processes personal information as described in sections (a) to (d) above it will ensure that it always keeps the Personal Data rights of you and anyone whose personal information that you provide in high regard and will take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing and if you wish to do so, please contact the Company at the address below. Please bear in mind that if you object, it may affect the ability of the Company to carry out its obligations under this agreement and/or to provide products or services to you.
g) All personal information will be held by the Company under appropriate security and within the European Union.
h) You have a right to request a copy of the personal information provided by you that the Company processes. If you would like a copy of some or all of this personal information, please contact the Company at the address below.
i) The Company wants to make sure that personal information that it processes is accurate and up to date and you may ask it to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate.
j) If you wish to raise a complaint on how your personal information has been handled, please contact us and we will investigate further. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their contact details are given at the bottom of this page.