The services I offer at Swindon Will Writing are focused on the specific needs of you and your family so that you can be sure that your possessions, your wishes and your affairs are dealt with exactly as you wish.
I can also advise you on Inheritance tax and ensure your wealth is passed on in the most secure and tax efficient way
When do I need to change my Will?
If you already have a Will in place that is great news. However, it makes sense to think of a Will as a "living" document. It may need to be change if you own circumstances alter.
Re-marriages, divorce, new tax rules or simply the passage of time could mean your current Will becomes out of date or unknowingly revoked.
Below are just a few reasons why you might think about re-visiting your Will and consider renewing it:
- A change in your financial circumstances - e.g. you've started a business or received an inheritance.
- There's been a change is your family circumstances e.g. you've got married, you now have children, you're going through a divorce or have started co-habiting.
- A change in inheritance tax rules or any other legislation could mean your Will needs updating.
- A beneficiary, executor or trustee has died.
- You'd like to add beneficiaries, change where your assets go or alter specific gifts to people.
In any event, it's good practice to keep your Will under review and check that it's still doing what you want it to every few years.
Why Should I Make a Will?
We all know that writing our Will is something we should do but yet we never quite get around to doing. If this sounds like you then don't worry -- I can make the Will writing process as pain free as possible
You might be wondering why you should bother to make a Will at all. If so here are a few reasons why it matters:
- You, not the government, controls where you want your money to go.
- You can appoint guardians for your children.
- You can do some tax planning and potentially reduce an inheritance tax bill.
- If you're co-habiting, it ensures your partner will receive a share of your estate.
- You can protect children from a previous relationship and ensure they receive an inheritance.
- You can leave particular items, e.g. jewellery, to specific individuals.
- You can specify your funeral wishes.
How much will it cost?
|Single Will Standard (a single document for a single person with up to 3 legacies, 3 main beneficiaries and a simple worst case scenario)
|Single Will Complex / multiple beneficiaries (as above with more legacies and more beneficiaries. If trusts are required see below)
|Mirror Wills Standard (two documents drafted as a “matched” for a husband & wife or a couple. For example, you leave everything to each other and then to the children. Up to 3 legacies, funeral wishes and a simple worst-case scenario clause included)
|Mirror Wills Complex / multiple beneficiaries (matched as above but multiple gifts/beneficiaries included or any deviation from the standard Mirror Wills above. If trusts are required see below)
|Life Interest Property Will Trust for Single Will (a trust drafted into a Will which passes an asset to beneficiaries but allows a 3rd party to use the asset during their lifetime)
|Life Interest Property Will Trust for Mirror Wills (a trust drafted into a Will which passes an asset to beneficiaries but allows a 3rd party to use the asset during their lifetime)
|Discretionary Will Trust for a Single Will (a trust drafted into a Will which allows trustees to decide when any of a group of named beneficiaries can inherit)
|Discretionary Will Trust for Mirror Wills (a trust drafted into a Will which allows trustees to decide when any of a group of named beneficiaries can inherit)
|Will Revisions (if Wills drafted by Swindon Will Writing)
|Change of Executor and/or one beneficiary (Single Will)
|Change of Executor and/or one beneficiary (Joint Wills)
|More than two alterations/additions/
|More than two alterations/additions/
|Change of Trust and/or Residuary Estate requires a new Will/Wills to be drafted at full price
Appointments: Monday to Friday 9.00am-6.00pm
There are NO hidden extras like VAT or mileage.